Re: Dr. Bakker and Dinosaur intellegence (was: Fwd: Bakkermania!)

> It also depends on what you describe as "intelligent". Crocodiles do
> things that seem intelligent in some respects: co-operative hunting
> similar to any lion or wolf, herding fish into shallows for easier
> capture just like dolphins sometimes do, communal creches amongst
> camans like those of flamingos. I'm sure the list goes on.

Really?  The last good croc book I read did indeed talk about the
social and nature of crocodiles, but I certainly don't remember it
talking about cooperative hunting.  In fact, I thought that since
crocodiles don't hunt cooperatively and I don't know of any birds that
do, dinosaurs were nicely bracketed to _not_ be cooperative hunters
either.