Re: Dr. Bakker and Dinosaur intellegence (was: Fwd: Bakkermania!)

From: "Matthew Troutman" <m_troutman@hotmail.com>

>May I ask what kind of behaviors?

The most commonly-alleged one is pack hunting (cooperative hunting of
large animals in which multiple individuals attack the animal, with one
serving as a leader).

As I've said, I don't deny that many extant archosaurs show some social
behavior (often very sophisticated in birds), and it seems clear that
dinosaurs socialized as well.  But this does not necessarily indicate
pack-hunting.

That said, I'm not going to get drawn into another interminable thread
with people insisting that there are no behavioral differences between
the Classes (or, more absurdly, the Phyla!); read the archives if you
care about my position on the mammal-saurs.

Larry