COWBIRDS....SHUDDER

Talk about some birds that you can absolutely hate...

Cowbirds are some of the most well-known nest parasites, laying their
eggs in another birds nest ( there is an African cuckoo that does the
same of course and has a special "tooth" on its bill to kill its
nest-mates when it is a chick; I forget its name ).  Cowbirds have the
habit of staying in groups at sub-adult age ( much like crows ) and they
wreak havoc just to wreak havoc.  At some of the nature areas I frequent
they are a real problem bacause they parasatize the nest sites of rare
birds.  Whenever one of my friends finds their babies in others nests,
he always have to be the bad guy in front of many people ( always a
group of children ) and stomp the life out of babies (an unpleasant task
).

Matt Troutman