Re: EQ AND INTELLIGENCE

At 08:36 AM 5/28/98 +0000, luisrey wrote:
>I have a question.
>Does anybody know how the EQ of a pigeon, a parrot and a crocodile
>co-relate? (in numbers please).
>
>Can we talk then of how their EQ's are related to how 'smart' they behave
>or are we talking here about motor and senses development only?
>I have always regarded a crocodile a rather cunning hunter and a pigeon's
>behaviour  rather dumb and  stereotypical...contrasting sharply with
>parrots, crows and other birds. I might be wrong.
>
>I would like some light thrown on this matter.

So would I...Is there any place on or offline that has a comprehensive
list of EQ's for extant animals?

Creatures that would ideally be included: Primates (Humans, Chimpanzee,
Gorilla,
  Baboon), Ceteceans (Humpback Whale, Sperm Whale, Bottlenose Dolphin),
Elephants,
  Canids (Wolf, Domestic Dog), Felids (Lion, Domestic Cat), Corvids (Crow,
Raven),
  other birds (Parrots, Birds-of-prey), Crocodilians, other mammals.

                             -- Dave

 Dave Hardenbrook, DaveH47@delphi.com, http://people.delphi.com/DaveH47/

   "We have enough food to last thirty thousand years but we've only
    got one After Eight mint left.  And everyone's too polite to take it."

                        -- Holly the computer, from _Red Dwarf_