Re: COWBIRDS....SHUDDER

zooamy@zoo.latrobe.edu.au (Adam Yates) doth wrote:

On Fri, 29 May 1998, Jason wrote:

> > Just to tie all this with the fact that this is a paleontology list,
wanted
> > to ask if any evidence of some dinosaurs being nest parasites was
ever
> > found or suspected.  Or is this almost impossible to ever find from
fossils?

> It is almost impossible to test the idea rigorously but the presence
of
> hatchling dromaeosaurids inside an Oviraptor nest is intriguing......

One guess is that they were chow for baby Ovi's, but I agree that the
evidence (so
far) is very ambiguous.

As far as finding stronger evidence of non-avian dino nest-parasitism, I
would
definately raise my eyebrows over any discovery of two different egg (or
eggshell)
morphotypes from a single nest.
                                           <pb>