[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Subject Index][Author Index]
LW 'NEW SCENES'
I was one of those who sat through _The Lost World_ (again :-)) last
night and I saw the new scenes in all their glory. My thoughts:
1) LW looks better on letterbox.
2) Why I am watching this (again :-))?
3) The two 'new' scenes should have been kept in the movie, especially
the Kenya scene where Pete Postlethwaite (aka Roland Tembo) and his
friend RJ are introduced. The scene added more dimensions to the Roland
character than in the cut-up version! In the theatrical release Tembo
came off as, frankly, an a**hole. In the director's cut he had more
dimensions, the scene where he kicks the American's ass with one hand
tied behind his back was wonderful. The scene adds more dimensions to
the characters introduced and adds some history. Why they cut it out is
4) Malcolm's daughter should have been killed, not Eddie Carr. (Or
left out of the movie.)
5) Sarah Harding. Need I say more about, "Don't touch a blade of
6) _Carnotaurus_ and a _Pteranodon_ attack scene are desperately
Perhaps I am asking for too much, though.
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com