Re: Ornithoms, Parrots, and others (long)

In a message dated 11/11/98 10:45:49 PM EST, jjackson@interalpha.co.uk writes:

<< Oh no!  Don't tell me I'm cladistically unfashionable!  Well, I suppose it
 makes sense - once the Magic Program has spoken there's nothing you can
 point to to dispute it, you can only say "I don't believe it". >>

You can always run a different program on the same matrix and see what turns
up; or you can stick more characters in the matrix and run the program again;
or you can do both. If you're really lucky, your results will reinforce one
another, but usually they don't. Then you're back to square one, I suppose.