Re: new report of new Saharan spinosaur thingie

Betty wrote:
>it has 100 teeth and ate fish and was related to spinosaurs.
>sadly however I missed anything else from the tv news, such as name and
>era
>
>Tom, oh witholder of info until the proper time???  Can you tell us
>about this now?

There's a paper by Paul Sereno et al in the 13 November Science, and a
perspective by Tom who couldn't say more before the embargo. The Science
web site has the Sereno paper availalbe for free access at
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/current/. I'm not sure if Tom's
perspective is available to nonsubscribers, but it comes with nice drawings
of the critter, Suchomimus, which is a spinosaur related to Barynoyx but
larger and more complete.

Jeff Hecht     Boston Correspondent    New Scientist magazine
525 Auburn St.,          Auburndale, MA 02466             USA
tel 617-965-3834 fax 617-332-4760 e-mail jhecht@world.std.com
see New Scientist on the Web: http://www.newscientist.com/