Re: Dinosaur Genera List corrections #100

> One thing I noticed is that _Irritator_ lacks the "pinching"
> between its premaxilla and maxilla which gives all other spinosaurids
> their spoon-like snouts.  This is based on the figures of
> _Irritator_'s skull given in Martill et al.'s original
> description.

To respond to one of my own messages, I'm not sure if the preserved
portion of the _Irritator_ skull shows clearly if the rostrum was
spatulate - constricted at the premaxilla-maxilla suture.  But I
believe _Angaturama_ does show this feature.  Regarding
_Irritator_ and _Angaturama_ as the same theropod does make this
theropod a lot more spinosaurid-like.