Date: Thursday, 01-Oct-98 12:12 PM

From: Danvarner@aol.com        \ America On-Line: (Danvarner)
To:   Dinosaur Interplanetary Gazette \ Internet:    (dinosaur@dinosaur.org)
cc:   dinosaur@usc.edu         \ Internet:    (dinosaur@usc.edu)

Subject: Re: Dino Movie Trivia Question

<<
 Does anyone know the name of a film in which a kid (male) finds an egg
 (triceratops) that hatches into (guess what) a Triceratops.  Circa 1966.

 Thanks!

 ES

  This was a made-for-television movie. According to the invaluble _The
Dinosaur Scrapbook_by Don Glut, It was an NBC Children's Theatre production
in the spring of 1978. I remember seeing it and reading the charming book as
a kid (does anyone remember _The Shy Stegosaurus of Cricket Creek_?). The
book's illustrator, Louis Darling was the husband of Lois Darling, formerly
a scientific illustrator at the American Museum. Her work appears in a
number of Colbert books. Louis Darling's drawings were based on sculptures
at the American museum. The Triceratops in the film was the 1964-65 World's
Fair sculpture by the late great Louis Paul Jonas created for the Sinclair
Oil exhibit. There was no animation that I remember. Dan Varner.