The Shy Stegosaurus of Cricket Creek

<<
 Yes, somewhere I've once found an old book that was probably a Dutch
 translation of this book. Two kids find a Stegosaurus that talks and really
 doesn't like mammals at all (they steal eggs). They meet when the dinosaur
 kills a snake that threatened the children by stepping on the animal. Right?
 Don't know if/where I still have that book...

 Jarno Peschier

  If you find it, hold on to it! I checked an old book website and a first
edition of that book is worth its weight in gold. They go for $150-$200! Dan
Varner.