Re: Just flew back from SVP...

At 08:56 AM 10/5/98 -0400, Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. wrote:
>new carcharodontosaurid form Argentina, including the first carch furcula:

   Looks like I'll be updating my article "Theropod wishbones."

   For accuracy's sake, I ought to list specific species.  Anybody know the
species with confirmed fuculae?  Here's the list:

Aves.  <-- I don't actually want a list of these.

Dromaeosaurids, including a new North American species of Velociraptor.

Oviraptorids (the furcula of Oviraptor philoceratops is pictured above).
<-- say, is it still Oviraptor philoceratops or did it get placed in the
new genus, whose name I can't remember?

Tyrannosaurids.

Troodontids

Allosaurids, including the new Dinosaur National Monument allosaurid, and
Allosaurus fragilis, whose furcula was misidentified for years as gastralia.

Carcharodontosaurids.

>Oh, and Josh Smith mentioned something about the forthcoming feathered
>therizinosauroid from Liaoning: more on this in the near future...

   Oh be still my heart.

*************** The official website of the new millennium! ****************