Re: [Fwd: Resaurus Carnage Figures]

Betty Cunningham wrote:

reposted with permission from someone with more info on the figure list.

JROUG@aol.com wrote:
> The first of these IS already out (only one dinosaur in the case).  Hobby
> stores that order direct got them well over a month ago.  Absolutely fantastic
> looking and reasonably priced, too.  The only major retailers I know of that
> stock Resaurus toys are Target, Kay-Bee and Electronics Boutique.  I'm
> assuming that the big retailers are waiting for a mixed case assortment.  I
> would guess that Target and Kay-Bee are your best shots.  Good luck!

I ordered my Carnage _T.rex_ and _Giganotosaurus_ from Link and Pin hobbies from their web site. I was impressed by the sculpting job, although the two figures share the body and leg pieces. The articulation was nice, but the models are too heavy for the joints to support the weight without additional support. When I saw that ReSaurus had done the figures, I went to see them (ReSaurus is based in Columbus, OH where I live). I met Mike Compton, the President of ReSaurus, who turns out to be a big fan of Greg Paul (surprise, surprise) and is planning on a second series of figures soon. ReSaurus' web site has good images of the current series online. My nit picky criticism of the figures is this: the _Giganotosaurus'_ head appears to be too wide, and the _Tyrannosaurus'_ arms are in the "old" folded-like-a-bird's arm position (at least I think it's old, I had seen how Greg Paul had changed one of his _Tyrannosaurus rex_ drawings from Predatory Dinosaurs of the World to the image that is in the Dinosaur Society's Dinosaur Encyclopedia.) And, I suppose, because the _Velociraptor_ is unfeathered, it's "incorrect." *groan*
-Chris Srnka