Re: Symbiosis, Dinosaurs and Birds

PTJN@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 10/5/98 7:02:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
theclaw@sprintmail.com writes:

<< Why, the subject of my original query, of course!-Chris Srnka >>

Cute.  But if you were as clear a writer as you think you are, I would never
have needed to inquire.  Judging from the content of your "original" query, I
assume you meant that the discussion on this list should be limited to non-
avian dinosaurs.  I had a hard time believing you were serious. But perhaps
you were....

Whoa! Easy there! My original query, if I remember correctly, was (paraphrased), "Is there, or rather, can there have been evidence gleaned from fossil specimens that could suggest dinosaurian symbiosis?" I suppose to make matters clearer, I could have specifically said, "in particular, adaptations in extinct non-avian dinosaurs which would suggest, at the least, a parasitic tendency, since some behaviors are obviously difficult to interpret from fossils." Most of the people who responded to the post understood me correctly; one person replied that we can observe symbiotic relationships in avian dinosaurs, i.e.. birds, today, to which yet another list member responded with a controlled rant against the inclusion of modern avian dinosaurs in an answer to a query which concerned fossils. I agreed with the latter assessment, in particular in regards to the response to my particular question, and then you came in. Did you read all of the other posts? Are you in the habit of interpreting a single, nine-word sentence as evidence that people are arrogant and think they are better writers than they are? I'm not a great writer, and I won't pretend to be. My response to your post was not malicious in intent; I had incorrectly assumed that you had been following the thread, and wanted clarification regarding what application the previously mentioned conditions (i.e.., the exclusion of modern avian dinosaurs from consideration in formulating an answer to my question). I'm sorry for having incurred your wrath, and I will endeavor to state future inquiries as clearly as possible.
In all seriousness, Chris Srnka