Re: dino extinction?

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998 10:01:16 -0400  James Close writes:
>the show mentioned that both turtles and crocodiles layed eggs and
>buried them  (snip)
>. Is it possible that .. or should i say is it -likely- that dino eggs
were governed by the >same temperature parameters concerning gender?

Unfortunately, this is most likely unknowable.  Not all turtles exhibit
temperature determinant sex selection.  I'm not sure that there are any
physical characteristics which would fossilize to indicate which aprcies
are and which species aren't.
-zenlizard

If one says a vacuum cleaner  "sucks",  does that mean it doesn't?

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]