Re: Just flew back from SVP...

Allan Edels wrote:

> Please, Josh, more, more.....

> >>    Oh be still my heart.
> >>

> > ...very large, very evil grin.
> >
> >-Josh

        OK.  Here is the deal.  I let out about as much as _Nature_ will
allow prior to publication.  They have a rather strict stance on this
non-disclosure point of theirs and have been known to retract accepted
papers when data from those papers have been released prior to publication.
They also violate this point whenever they see it fit.  They have not yet done
so.  I will see whatever else I can drop, but it may not be much.  This
isn't MY paper and I don't want to see the authors get screwed because
_Nature_ finds out that some idiot (me) went around babbling about some
critter before he should have.  Not that my stance would be different if
it WERE my decription, mind you...(grin).

        Just to be a bastard, though, I WILL say that boy are you guys
going to want to read this paper when it comes out...wow.  I would say
that it adds some support to Ji et al. 1998's hypothesis that feathers
have little to do with the diagnosis of birds, eh?

        -Josh

--
Josh Smith