Re: Feathers on Bloody Everything

I wrote:
>  And
> remember, for all it's worth, Mark Norell's statement that _Tyrannosaurus
> rex_ is more closely related to extant birds than to other members of the
> dinosaur "clan."

Of course, I meant to write that, anatomically speaking, _Tyrannosaurus
rex_ has more in common with extant birds than with _certain_ other members
of the "_Dinosauria."  I don't mean to imply that the big girl is more akin
to a hummingbird than to _Albertosaurus_!  (I think Norell said something
like: more in common with the birds of today than with _Triceratops_).
Oops!

-- Ralph Miller III     gbabcock@best.com