Re: SOME SVP TIDBITS

--Original Message-- From: Tetanurae@aol.com Date: 06 October 1998 08:07

>Clark shows that Oviraptor had a hypocleidium on the furcula, lateral
xiphoid
>processes on the sternum, and uncinate processes.  Very neat.
>
>Speaking of new Mongolian theropod stuff, Velociraptor has a hypocleidium
on
>the furcula, the shoulder girdle has a has a very tall corocoid, a
latterally
>facing glenoid (kinda and a nice acromion.  Looks almost exactly like
>Archaeopteryx.  There is no cranial projection of the pubic boot, and there
is
>no ischial symphysis.  The head is very narrow, and the choana is a lot
>farther back than previously thought.

Mmm. . .yes . . . as I suspected - hypocleidia on their furculae.  Most list
members know that furculae are wishbones/clavicles, but some of "them" won't
be too sure about what a hypocleidium on the furcula is, or what it
signifies.  I was thinking of telling them myself, but . . . I thought it
would sound better coming from someone who'd seen the pictures ! :-)
Perhaps someone could say what a choana is too?

JJ