GUTS AND LUNGS

At SVP Geist et al. argued that the dorsally placed posterior intestine in
Scipionyx is a derived, crocodilian-like feature. I suspect it is a general
tetrapod feature related to the dorsal placement of a narrow pelvic canal just
below the sacrum (In birds the pelvic canal is a deep as the pelvis, so the
colon can be more ventrally placed). But I am having trouble finding detailed
diagrams of reptile guts in sagital and transverse section. Anyone have any
references I can check out?

Am also looking for detailed diagrams in sagital section of large ratite air-
sacs, most especially cassowaries. Could use reference/s.

GSPaul