Re: DOWNY STEGOSAURS (WAS: Re: Feathers on Bloody Everything)

>>>Cold-blooded animals to lose heat either:
move to where it's cooler - or - open their mouths to cool the blood
circulating in the mouth

Is there another way cold blooded animals cool down?<<<

Although similar to the "moving to a colder place" technique, in the
absence of enough shade, monitors will move into shallow water, were
evaporative cooling keeps 'em cooler.  But if we are assuming that dinosa
are ectotherms, then there is no need to debate the issue of insulation;
they wouldn't have any.  I only maintain that if you restore dinosaurs as
endotherms, then to be consistent you have to insulate them.

Scott Hartman