Dino nasal passages

After SVP, I took a trip to gorgeous DinoNatlMonument. Nothing like the Green
River emerging from Split Mt. Anyway, got to take a look at two superbly 3-D
preserved allosaurus snouts, including one with the internal view fully
preserved intact. These show that the avetheropod nasal passage was long and
fairly complex. (Also, I do not think tyrannosaurs had a true "secondary
palate".) Am working with Dan Chure on this, and will have things to show at
the Yale conference.

GSPaul