Re: Nomenclature- It is to laugh

This is what I got out of DinoGeorge's explanation-

everything that is 'ceratopian' is like enough to the group Ceratopidae
to be considered family.
everything that is "ceratopid" IS the group Ceratopidae

Thus ALL bits and pieces of bone from the family Ceratopidae are
ceratopid
and bits and pieces of similar-to-Ceratopidae bones are ceratopian
(which would include specimens which were similar but as yet unnamed or
unidentified)

yes? no?

-Betty