Re: Nomenclature

> >_Stokesosaurus_ - firming as a tyrannosauroid with the referral of an
> >extraordinarily derived (for a Late Jurassic theropod) and
> >somewhat tyrannosaurid-like braincase to this genus.

> Extraordinarily derived? Maybe not so. With a possible bird in Late Triassic
> (Protoavis texensis) and this new therizinosaur from Chinese Lower Jurassic
> sediments, carnosaurians and "megalosaurs" ma

Maybe yes so.  _Protavis_ is no bird.  As for the Chinese
therizinosaur you mentioned, only jaw material is known.

Only the braincase of _Stokesosaurus_ appears highly derived (and it
is not yet certain if it indeed belongs to this genus).  The known
postcranium and jaw fragments of _Stokesosaurus_ are fairly
unremarkable.

(By the way, I couldn't read your message beyond the word
"megalosaurs"; it came out as a single line of text.)