PHUWIANGOSAURUS

Seeing as I have a huge backlog of interesting emails I intended to
reply to, expect some fairly old subject areas to be commented upon.

On Paul Upchurch's recently published sauropod phylogeny, Tom Holtz
noted....

> Nemegtosauridae is retained as the sister group to _Rebbachisaurus_
> + (Dicraeosauridae + Diplodocidae) within Diplodocoidea.

As an interesting aside, _Phuwiangosaurus_ was recently referred to
as a nemegtosaurid by Eric Buffetaut and colleagues. I'm unsure why,
and never got to ask. BTW, Borsuk-Bialynicka is resisting all of the
recent placements of _Opisthocoelicaudia_ in Titanosauriformes (or
Titanosauria, or Titanosauridae). I'm unsure if any publications on
this issue are imminent.

DARREN NAISH
darren.naish@port.ac.uk