Re: FW: death

Dwight Stewart wrote:

>This COULD be true.  The Chinese authorities ARE clamping down on the
>illegal export of other cultural treasures and are attempting to do
>something about the trade in endangered species.

I heard similar rumors two years ago while working on an article on fossil
smuggling, and could never come any closer to the truth than rumors. It's
very difficult to track things down firmly in China, and I would not deny
that it's possible. However, it's not documented, and is the sort of tale
that could become a perverse sort of 'urban myth' in the west.

-- Jeff Hecht