        From:   Chad Smock [SMTP:csmock@xitech.com]
        Sent:   Tuesday, October 20, 1998 8:15 AM
        To:     dinosaur@usc.edu
        Subject:        re:death

        I find this thread particularly interesting since I have been to
China doing
        research, and had my site destroyed by locals looking for "Dragon
Bones" for
        their black market medicines. The local authorities surveyed the
site, and
        asked a lot of questions to people who were watching.  They found
two young
        men who were supposedly responsible and took them away.  When I
asked the
        interpreter what was going to happen to them, she said they wouldn't
be
        coming back and that destruction of "National Treasures" was not
tolerated.

        -Chad