Priorities, interests and forbidden subjects on Dinosaur list

Mickey P.Rowe <mrowe@indiana.edu> writes

>Just as a helpful reminder... this list exists to support discussions
>of scientific investigations about dinosaurs.  It is not about how bad
>communism is.

Priorities, interests and forbidden subjects on Dinosaur list

Frankly, although  I wasn't particularly interested in the ongoing discussion on death penalty for smugglers of fossils in China ( because I thought I couldn't help poor people in concern in any way ), nevertheless, I am especially sensitive on human rights violation issue ( unfortunately, I was in occasion seeing it from near too many times). My personal opinion on the matter, if you allow me, is that all lists on the Web put together and all the fossils smuggled  are not worth a single human life - and if a simple discussion may in any way help the things to turn on better ( at least as a far fetched echo : maybe somebody somewhere who can do something about it will hear it ) and eventually save somebody, I'll say let it be.
We're not some alien spectators from Mars. Earth is our fairly small home we all share ( it is becoming a global village, literary) and we have to care about the welfare of the planet and its inhabitants. Don't think you're untouchable if you live in the western world - it is an illusion ( I never imagined I'll be involved in a war, but I did). Think about how political ignorance and noninterference caused unimaginable human suffering and countless victims in this century, that had immeasurable impact on us all. Have your political opinion and express it! You might stop or prevent terror.
There were far more insignificant (even silly) discussions going on here before (though they had their purpose, too: at least, that was and will  be the opportunity for many amateurs, who were deprived of the fanciful scientific language and extensive knowledge of vertebrate paleontology, to relieve their frustration and actually actively participate in the discussion on the subject they worship  and also a chance for some experts to let loose for a moment). After all, I like this combination of science and common sense, because brings in a sort of "brainstorming" effects. Well, I suppose everybody on this list has his/her own list of priorities - favorite subjects he/she would like to discuss and read about preferably. Which brings me to stating my priorities of interest :

1) Latest discoveries of dinosaur fossils
2) Sites (announcements) featuring dinosaur and other vertebrate fossils, online papers and reconstructions of those animals
3) Discussions on anatomy and physiology issues.
4) Discussions on evolution, systematics, cladistics, behavior, etc.
5) References and books
6) Paleontology, geology, astronomy, zoology...
7) Dinosaurs in media and pop-culture
8) Other serious, less serious and silly stuff, related and unrelated

Berislav Krzic
illustrissimus@usa.net
Beri's Dinosaur World
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/1638/index.html