Fw: WHY "VENOMOUS" NEOVENATOR?

Darren Naish asked (10-22-98, 12:32 P.M.):

"BTW, why on earth are there rumours that _Neovenator_ might have been
venomous? (current ish of _DinoNews_). I've handled the fossils many
times and see no basis for this whatsoever."

    I don't know of course, but SUSPECT it is because some subjective
persons
immediately read what they want to 'read' in anything thay see, consciously
and/or unconsciously making Neovenator into Neoven[OM]ator! --  i.e.,
Neo-VENOM-ator!  Perhaps the projection of unconscious hopes, after
witnessing the 'spitter' (Dilophosaurus) in Jurassic Park. :)

    Ray Stanford