Septic teeth

Somebody mentioned that carnivorous theropods (e.g. _Neovenator_) may
have harbored infectious bacteria in the grooves (or "pits") of their
teeth.  I think this has been reported for certain modern reptiles
(like varanids), but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I'm a little unclear of the advantage of this.  The predator
bites the prey, punctures the skin of the victim, but the victim
manages to escape.  Unfortunately for the victim, it now has disease-
causing bacteria swimming around in its bloodstream, and in a few
days time the animal may succumb to the infection.  It may not die,
but it's now weak and sickly.  Is the predator, meanwhile, following
the victim (or the herd to which it belongs) around, waiting for the
wounded animal to weaken so it can chase it down without any trouble?

Tim