Re: Septic teeth

Nathan Myhrvold wrote:

> What is less clear is whether there is a specific tooth or other anatomical
> feature that evolved specifically for this purpose.

Oh, I agree wth you...I doubt that a dirty mouth evolved to aid in predation.
It is, as you say, likely an occasional side effect of predators not being able
to floss.  They may take advantage of it from time to time, but I doubt that
they rely on it at all for getting a meal.

Regards...

--
John M. Dollan
Montana State University - Northern

"To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe..."
  --Carl Sagan