Iguanodon

While looking through the Iguanodon section of the /dinosauria/, I came
apon the page that has all the skull diagrams on it (pg 512, paperback
version).
I didn't know there were so many species of Iguanodon until I got this
book.
I noticed that the shape of the beak was different for various species,
and that the lower part of the beak (predentary?) appears to have a
different shape to it in different species-some have a flatter edge,
while others have a bumpy shape along the edge. I was wondering if the
shape of the beak indicates different diets, foraging behaviors or
perhaps just primitiveness?
Also, while looking at the next page of the dinosauria (pg 513) I saw a
drawing of "iguanodon" orientalis..
(I think I have a picture of it in another book somewhere) and was
wondering if the shape of the bones in the nose, premaxilla and front of
the upper jaw, and was wondering if that's a case of sexual dimorphisum
(I think that's the right word, even if it's the wrong spelling...ie:
males looking different from females)?
 -Jessica

Jessica Wagar
Amateur Paleontologist