Re: New taxa from the Lower-to-mid K volume

At 09:25 AM 10/28/98 -0500, Tim Williams wrote:
>> For
>> ankylosaur fans, Carpenter and Kirkland's paper on Lower and middle
>> Cretaceous ankylosaurs of North America is a MUST: details and photographs
>> are given for _Nodosaurus_, _Pawpawsaurus_, _Priconodon_, _Sauropelta_,
>> _Silvisaurus_, _Stegopelta_, _Texasetes_, an as-yet unnamed nodosaurid from
>> the upper Mussentuchit Member of the Cedar Mountain Fm.
>
>Judging from another of the papers in the same volume, the name
>proposed for this one is "Anamantarx ramaljonesi".  There also
>appears another ankylosaurian nomen dubium - "Nodocephalosaurus
>kirtlandi", from later in the Cretaceous.

I was REALLY HOPING to avoid having people post nomina dubia from this
volume.  Just wait the few friggin' more months and THEN start using the names.

Please?

And for those who do start putting the names in all their databases,
recognize that these names could very well change before publication (e.g.,
"Nedcolbertia whittlei" becoming _Nedcolbertia justinhoffmani_).

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661