New Fall Books

The "Fall Books" section of the Atlanta Journal/Constitution today lists
three books which may be of interest to this list.

"_The Life of Birds_. By David Attenborough.  Princeton University.
$29.95.  The naturalist and filmmaker tours the globe looking at
birds and their habits in this book published in conjunction with
the 1999 PBS series."
[This is the series which was recently commented upon by John
Jackson.]

"_What Remains to Be Discovered:  The Future of Science_.  By
John Maddox.  $25.  Free Press.  The former editor of Nature
magazine presents the questions that will occupy our greatest
thinkers in the coming years."

"_Leonardo's Mountain of Clams and the Diet of Worms:  Essays
on Natural History_.  By Stephen Jay Gould.  Harmony/Crown.
$25.  One of our most consistently engaging scientific essayists
offers a collection of his writings from Natural History magazine."

Mary
mkirkaldy@aol.com