Re: Mars Rock Contains Dinosaur Fossil (joke)

>The Jurassic Propulsion Laboratory announced today that a second
>Mars rock has been located in Antarctica, containing a fully articulated
>skeleton similar to _Tyrannosaurus rex_.  Theropod expert Thomas R.
>Holtz, Jr. said in a telephone interview, "EEEK!!" and "Yikes," further
>adding that the discovery advances dinosaur science a "buttload."
>
>The transfer of ejecta when bolides hit the Earth and Mars more than
>65 million years ago may be evidence of either convergent evolution,
>with dinosaurs developing simultaneously on Mars, or that dinosaurs
>evolved on Earth and then migrated to Mars, using feather-like structures
>which previously were thought to be used for brooding, display or
>insulation.
>Oregon State University researchers said, "What you have is a turbocharged
>reptile."

Dear Mary,
Very clever! Like the feature the New Yorker does where they weave the
year's memorable phrases into a poem. I only miss a reference to
"sadistics." :>
Best,
George

George J. Leonard, Ph.D.
Professor of Interdisciplinary Humanities
San Francisco State University
530 Humanities Hall
1600 Holloway Avenue
San Francisco, California, 94132