New Publication

  I just saw this on the vrtpaleo list. I am sure many of you will be
interested. It's _The 1999 Proceedings of the North Dakota Academy of
Science_ (to be available April 15). It includes papers based on a symposium
entitled: The Paleontologic and Geologic Record of North Dakota - Important
Sites and Current Interpretations.
  Papers of special interest to dinosaur members include:

  John Hoganson, _Plioplatecarpus (Reptilia, Mosasauridae) and Associated
Vertebrate and Invertebrate Fossils from the Pierre Shale (Campanian),
Cooperstown Site, Griggs County, North Dakota_

  J. Mark Erickson, _The Dakota Isthmus: Closing the Late Cretaceous Western
Interior Seaway_

  And here's the one that will get most of you running for your checkbooks:
  Kirk R. Johnson, _The Reconstruction of Ancient Landscapes: An Example from
the Late Cretaceous Hell Creek Formation of North Dakota_

  The 212+ page volume is available for $12.50 from

  The North Dakota Academy of Science
  University of North Dakota  PO Box 7081
  Grand Forks, ND 58202

  Please note that the entire volume is not dedicated to Paleo and Geology.
  Dan Varner