        From:   megaraptor [SMTP:megaraptor@geocities.com]
        Sent:   Tuesday, April 06, 1999 8:36 PM
        To:     Casey
        Cc:     cmi@netbox.com; dinosaur@usc.edu
        Subject:        Re: Is Jack Horner right about T-rex?

        Hey, I'm only 17!

        If you want me to support my statement, I will. First off, what
Horner
        says doesn't add up, the large frontal lobe for smell, most preds.
have
        that like lions.  Another thing that doesn't add up in Horner's
        hypothesis is that the size of T-rex, the dinosaur was 45 ft long,
18 ft
        tall and 5 to 7 tons.  The muscle mass in the jaws doesn't add up
ether,
        at one feeding T-rex could produce 3,011 lbs of force per bite.  The
        attack bite should be more powerful that the feeding bit.

        --MegaRaptor