Re: Family Nemegtosauridae

This reminds me of something which is bugging me.  One thing
which both Upchurch (1995) and Sereno and Wilson (1998) agree on is
that _Opisthocoelicaudia_ is a titanosaurid.  But
_Opisthocoelicaudia_ has opisthocoelous caudals, whereas other
titanosaurids have PROcoelous caudals (at least for the anterior
part of the tail).  How did _Opistho.._ get opisthocoelous
caudals from an ancestor with the exact opposite (procoelous)
arrangement?  For this to happen the caudals must have passed
through an amphicoelous/amphiplatyan phase, but this seems improbable
to me.

Tim