Re: [Re: Is Jack Horner right about T-rex?]

Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 4/6/99 11:36:21 PM EST, majestic_cheese@yahoo.com writes:
>
> << > T-rex was one of the top
>  > preds.(preds. is a
>  > abbreviation for predators) in the mid to late
>  > Cretaceous.
>
>  I think T-rex was a pred. in the mid Cretaceous but
>  then he got tired and listless and became a scav. in
>  the late Cretaceous.  Scav. is a abbreviation for
>  scavenger. >>
>
> Where does this "mid-Cretaceous" date for Tyrannosaurus rex come from? This
dinosaur is known exclusively from the late Maastrichtian Lance and Hell
> Creek formations of the western United States and equivalent formations
> (e.g., Scollard) of western Canada.

I believe Larry was just being sarcastic in that last post.

Archosaur J

Jurassosaurus's Reptipage: A page devoted to the study of the reptilia

http://members.tripod.com/~jurassosauridae/index.html