Re: British Museum Dino Source?

--- Dinosaur Interplanetary Gazette
<dinosaur@dinosaur.org> wrote:
> Does anyone know where to purchase these dinosaur
> models?
> Mail order?
> In person?

Also known as Invicta, they are highly variable in
quality so beware ordering sight-unseen.

They're actually kind of hard to find here in the U.S.
 The American Museum carries certain of them on and
off, as do other museums.  That's always a good first
start.

I don't think THR carries them but call or write them
anyway just to check.

http://www.linkandpinhobbies.com

Try that company that sends out catalogs in the mail:
gee, that's helpful, huh?  It's something Scientific,
like Richmond Scientific or something like that.  Does
anyone know what I'm talking about?  They used to
carry many of the Invicta items.

Let me put it to you this way.  My wife does not
realize it, but the reason we went to London a few
years back was so that I could get an invicta
pliosaur.  (I bought two; one remains unpainted, the
other was cut in half and is now in a diorama,
breaching.)  Illustrative?

===
Larry
The third was asked which animal was the smartest of all, and the Brahmin
replied: "The one we have not found yet."
---From Plutarch's biography of Alexander the Great