Cold-blooded vs. warm-blooded

Hi all,

I've been lurking on the list for a few days, and am enjoying the
discussions.

I hope nobody minds if I  ask a question.  I'm a writer - and have a contract
to write a book about dinosaurs for gifted and talented youngsters.  I have
Ph.D degrees in biology and geology, but am no dinosaur expert.

As I understand the current thoughts about whether dinosaurs  were warm- or
cold-blooded, they go like like this:

1)  small meat-eating dinosaurs were warm-blooded - with high metabolic rates
 to sustain their body temperature.

 2) big dinosaurs were  probably cold-blooded  because their  huge bulk
helped them stay warm and allowed them to stay  active - even in cool
weather.

3) Medium sized dinosaurs ????   some cold-blooded and some warm-blooded ???
I haven't really read anything specifically addressing this topic.

Is this about right?  Or are there more up-to-date theories?

Thanks for any comments,

Barbara  S.