RE: Ultraraptor

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   chris brochu [SMTP:cbrochu@fmppr.fmnh.org]
        Sent:   Thursday, April 08, 1999 9:17 AM
        To:     dinosaur@usc.edu
        Subject:        Re: Ultraraptor

        Craig Ferguson wrote:

        >         I have recieved a lot of responses to my announcements,
all of which
        > gently broke it to me that my opinions were in the minority.

        The popularity of an idea is no measure of its correctness (or lack
        thereof).  But, if you really want to put on the mantle of science,
you
        must ask yourself the following question to each of your ideas:

        "How would I know if I were wrong?"

        chris

           Essential point, Chris.  To really evaluate a theory in depth, it
should be possible to
        refute it.  Enthusiasm can be great, but it needs to be tempered
with sound, scientific methodology.

        Dwight