Re: Questions on Opisthocoelicaudia

> The family Nemegtosauridae was, I believe, named when it was generally
> accepted that these animals were close relatives of diplodocids.  However,
> the (few) illustrations I have seen of confirmed titanosaur skulls look
> strikingly like that of _Nemegtosaurus_, and this has been observed by
> others as well,

Which titanosaur skulls?  The only one I can think of that might
look like that of _Nemegtosaurus_ is the skull of _Antarctosaurus
wichmannianus_.  Aside from the fact that some authors
(Upchurch, and maybe McIntosh too) question whether _A.
wichmannianus_ is really a titanosaurid, the skull known for this
species is not in excellent condition and (like that of _Nemegto_) is
open to interpretation on how it was really constructed.  The partial
skull known for _Malawisaurus_ is not at all like that of
_Nemegtosaurus_, nor like that of any diplodocoid.

I keep on hearing about a nicely-preserved skull of a definite
titanosaurid that was found somewhere in South America, relatively
recently.  Can anyone confirm?

Tim