RE: Family Nemegtosauridae

Adam Yates wrote:

> Might Op. be the
> ultimate expression of this trend? If so the intermediate would have
> opisthocoelous anterior cadauls joined to procoelous posterior cadals via a
> biconvex vertebrae (or perhaps a short transtion zone somewhere in th
> midlength of the tail).

Except that procoely in titanosaurid evolution BEGAN at the anterior
end of the tail, then progressed more posteriorly to include the mid-
caudals too.  If I understand you correctly, what you're suggesting
is some sort of tug-of-war between the anterior caudals
(opisthocoelous) and the posterior caudals (procoelous) over what the
entire tail should be.

Tim