Re: Um...Pointless stuff

A decent book for learning to fill the basic shapes you're blocking out
WITH anatomical detail is Frank Calderon's ANIMAL PAINTING AND ANATOMY
available from Dover (ISBN 0-486-22523-2).  It's not for kids though.

Another series from Dover is/are the breakdowns of Bridgman's DRAWING
THE HUMAN FIGURE book, all of which show the filling in of anatomy in
perspective around the basic shapes you've blocked your form into.
(This book has been split into several books based on the original
chapters, such as CONSTRUCTIVE ANATOMY, BOOK OF A HUNDRED HANDS, etc)

The principles are exactly the same between a cow, a human being, and a
Stegosaur.
(and as for action line work, NOTHING beats Heinrich Kley's work,
http://www.bpib.com/illustrat/kley.htm)

-Betty Cunningham

--
Flying Goat Graphics