Re: Tyrannosaur species

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999 08:17:13 -0400 (EDT), Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. wrote:

<Is it Tyrannosaurus lancensis, or Nanotyrannus, or is it now believed to be
a juvenile rex?>

> Standard Holtz reply #1: wait for the goddam paper!! :-)  (Okay, based on
the material presented at SVP, Thom Carr has established that "Nano." is a
juvenile, and made the very convincing argument that it is a juvie _T.
rex_.
However, as that paper is not currently available to the general public,
let's just say that that hypothesis is the better supported right now).>

Ok, the last I heard was that Bakker and another paleontologist, cannot
think of the name right off hand( maybe Carpenter? not sure).  Ran a catscan
on the "Nano" it showed that skull sutures were fused, hence showing it
wasnt a juvenile T.rex.  Also isnt there some differences in the shape of
the skull? Such as the snout and visual area?  OR should I just quote
"Standard Holtz reply #1: wait for the goddam paper!!" unquote.  Is it going
to be in the SVP or another journal?

k.wicks

Paleo Mont Research
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/3381

Paleo Mont Park
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/3381

"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldnt be called research, would it?" A.
Einstein