Re: Gastroliths

Norm King wrote (responding to Stan Friesen):
>But they confirm what Stan suggested--that much of the Morrison has been
>affected by pedogenesis.
        It seems that you can't find a darned variagated mudstone unit that
doesn't contain paleosols (buried soil horizons, for you strict
paleobiologists). I'm no expert on the subject, but these darned things seem
to be everywhere. Bands of mudstone with alternating colors, in-filled
burrows and caliche nodules are EVERYWHERE. To be honest, I'm getting a
little sick of the things. Me, I like deltaic facies tracts.
        Some others on the list know more about the Morrisson and paleosols.
Maybe they'll come out and discuss this a little... Maybe...

 "Only those whose life is short can truly believe that love is forever"-Lorien