A Patagonia Easter egg hunt?

The AP is doing a dino blitz today.

Dinosaur Eggs Found in Patagonia
By Malcolm Ritter
AP Science Writer
Saturday, April 10, 1999; 11:08 a.m. EDT

> AUCA MAHUIDA, Argentina (AP) -- Millions of years ago, before the
> Andes Mountains rose to the west and the Atlantic Ocean grew wide
> to the east, dinosaurs bigger than city buses gathered here by the
> hundreds to lay their eggs.

http://search.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WAPO/19990410/V000035-041099-idx.html
__________

New Clues Aid Dinosaur Researchers
By Malcolm Ritter
AP Science Writer
Saturday, April 10, 1999; 3:28 p.m. EDT

> Titanosaurs, the creatures that apparently laid the eggs in Auca Mahuida,
> hold much mystery for scientists. But recent findings on three continents
> may help clarify our view of the placid plant-eaters.

http://search.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WAPO/19990410/V000109-041099-idx.html
__________

Age of Dinosaur Eggs Examined
By Malcolm Ritter
AP Science Writer
Saturday, April 10, 1999; 11:10 a.m. EDT

> AUCA MAHUIDA, Argentina (AP) -- How old are the eggs?

> When scientists announced the discovery last November, they could
> only estimate that the eggs were some 70 million to 90 million years old.
> That was based on the kinds of animal fossils found in the same
> geological formation.

http://search.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WAPO/19990410/V000039-041099-idx.html

Mary
mkirkaldy@aol.com

(The urls I posted for Paul Willis' new web page work fine with Internet
Explorer.  I can't vouch for other browsers, but the urls are complete and
accurate as posted.)