Re: LIONS AND TIGERS (AND BEARS... OH MY!)

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 13:42:28 GMT0BST, you wrote:

>is (it is discussed in Turner and Anton's _Big Cats and Their Fossil
>Relatives_). BTW, it has now also been established that _P. tigris_
>invaded N. America during the Pleistocene.

Just a question here... what was the predominant predator (outside of man)
during the Pleistocene (during which time no dinosaurs were alive... see,
it is on topic, Mickey!)? And yes, I've seen the TLC program about the
massive North American "monster bear"...