Re:

<< Can anyone reccomend a good introductory book or paper(s) for someone
trying to get a handle on the basic sequence stratigraphy of the western
interior seaway?  I am also looking for a skeletal reconstruction of
Icthyornis that is more up to date then the one in Marsh's monograph.  Am I
right in thinking the reconstructed neck length of the specimen he shows
there is too long?

  Try Steven Stanley, _Earth and Life Through Time_, 1989, W.H.Freeman and
Co. Page 511+  As for Ichthyornis, good luck. You may want to contact Larry
Martin. Dan Varner.