RE:

Stanley's text has recently been revised and republished as "Earth System
History"  Freeman (1998).  It has some surprisingly good (for a survey text)
maps of what I think you're looking for on p. 489.  However, these are for
specific locations in CO and UT.  He cites to RL Armstrong, Geol. Soc. Amer.
Bull. 79:429 (1968) and EG Kauffman, Mountain Geologist 6:227 (1969), which may
give info on a broader geographical scale.  Hope this helps.

  --Toby White